7.24.2017

Master Class Monday: This Month's Exercise Challenge

Hello Lovelies!

I'm so glad you've joined me today. 

In keeping with my "Year of Transformation" theme, I've decided to make my posts on Monday into master classes.  By that I mean that I'm going to have my Monday posts focus on things that will help me (and hopefully you) to better ourselves.

Don't worry!!  If you come to The Shabby Nest for Interior Design inspiration or DIY projects, they're still going to be a part of my blog regularly showing up on Fridays.  On Wednesdays, you will find mostly fashion posts.

But for today's Master Class Monday, I want to talk specifically about exercise.

Just about one year ago, I started my weight loss journey.

For those of you who might not be familiar with my story, let me give you a little bit of background.  About the time that I went through my divorce, I also had some serious issues with anxiety.  And I started taking medication to help me with that.  The medication worked great for my anxiety, but unfortunately, it also made me gain a bit of weight.  Which then turned into gaining a lot of weight.  Until I had gained almost 50 lbs. 

Since starting to lose weight last year, I have lost around 30 lbs.  I am now within the healthy weight range for my height.  But, I still want to get rid of the remaining 20 pounds which will bring me back to the weight I started at.  So as I head into the second year of my weight loss journey, I am focusing on the last 20 lbs.

The photo below is a before/after that I shared on Instagram a few months back (you should follow me if you don't already - I'm so much fun. Lol!)...I am currently at the same weight as the after.  I've been hanging onto it for a while...hence my recommitment to losing that last 20.



And this month, I am specifically focusing on exercise.  My goal is to exercise every day for the next thirty days.  I am focusing on Pilates and Yoga.  Pilates is an old stand by for me.  I find it to be the most effective form of exercise for toning up my body.  Yoga is new to me, but because I love Pilates and since I was a dancer for my all of my growing-up years, I think Yoga will be a nice addition to my workout. 

I'd love to have you join me!   Pick your favorite form of exercise or exercises and commit to working out every day!  I know we can do it.

I'll check in weekly and let you know how I'm doing...if you'll do the same!

Let's rock this thing!

xoxo
Wendy


         

0 comments: